Librarians & Archivists: Bargaining Bulletin Vol. 6, No. 5
May 17, 2023
UWOFA has been working for several months on preparations to negotiate a new faculty collective agreement. The current agreement expires on June 30th, 2022.
UWOFA’s role at the bargaining table is to represent the interests of our membership and we will continue to consult you in various ways in the coming months as we prepare to negotiate.
We were very pleased with the high level of participation in the short survey on bargaining priorities we asked members to complete by April 06, 2022. The results of that survey helped inform the early stages of our goal development by letting us know what issues were important to you.
INTRODUCING THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING COMMITTEE (CBC)
The CBC, which includes all members of the Negotiating Committee plus five additional members, is responsible for developing bargaining goals in consultation with the membership, drafting proposed contract language, supporting the Negotiating Committee during bargaining and, after an agreement is reached, final drafting and checking of contract language.
Committee Members of both the 2022 Negotiating Committee and the CBC:
· Jeff Tennant – Chief Negotiator (French Studies)
· Johanna Weststar – Deputy Chief Negotiator (DAN Management & Organizational Studies)
· Cindy Cossar-Jones (UWOFA Professional Officer)
· Kristin Hoffmann (Western Libraries)
· Jamie Johnston (English and Writing Studies)
· Steve Lupker (Psychology)
· Nina Zitani (Biology)
· Warren Steele (Information & Media Studies)
· Nigmendra Narain (Political Science)
Additional committee members of the CBC:
· Steve Laviolette (Anatomy & Cell Biology)
· Laura Stephenson (Political Science)
· Spy Dénommé-Welch (Education)
· Aleksandra Zecevic (Health Studies)