UWOFA and the Employer had their fourth bargaining meeting June 12.
In this session UWOFA presented all of our remaining proposals and the Parties exchanged a number of articles previously tabled. The Parties are reaching agreement on some; however, the Employer expressed strong rejection of a number of our proposals today.
UWOFA Presented 2 Articles and 1 Letter of Understanding
- Compensation and Benefits (and related monetary items)
- Duration of the Agreement
- We are proposing a 3 year agreement
- Letter Of Understanding (LOU) for Academic Activity Support Fund
- We propose to remove this LOU and move it into the Compensation and Benefits Article
The Parties Exchanged Several Articles
- The Parties have reached agreement on Working Conditions and the non-monetary elements of Education Leave.
- The Parties continue to have productive discussion regarding Professional Leave, Promotion and Continuing Appointment, Retirement and Resignation, and Workload.
- The Employer rejected our proposals related to complement in Appointments and the New LOU for Librarian and Archivist Qualifications and the New LOU Ratios of Librarians and Archivists to Students LOU.
Bargaining will resume next week on Tuesday, June 20th, with meetings continuing to the end of the week.